Back to Work: COVID-19 Resource Guide
Keeping You and Your Customers Safe and Healthy in the COVID-19 Environment
It is the vision of the Building Performance Association that every home should be energy efficient, comfortable, healthy, and safe - even during a pandemic. To help our members achieve their business needs while protecting the safety of workers and customers, we have curated the resources below.
We have made every effort to ensure the guidance contained in these resources is up-to-date. As new information becomes available, we will make updates.
Let us know about resources that should be listed and your experiences as you work during the pandemic, or reach out with questions and concerns we may be unaware of—email Katie Aronoff, Director of Marketing and Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have provided links to and summaries of several webinars and an online course that you may want to use as part of your research and/or employee training program. The webinars we have included were developed for a particular state/utility program, but also offer useful guidance and best practices for all of us.
Click below to view the training resources.
Developed by the Energy Smart Academy at the Santa Fe Community College, these checklists will help you identify best practices for safety and health-informed work protocols.
Download the Master Checklist
Download Specific Checklists:
Descargar el: Paquete de Todo
Descargar listas de verificación específicas:
Click below to view a series of guidance documents from the CDC, utilities, state health departments, and other organizations. It is every contractor’s responsibility to be aware of and follow any local, state, or federal rules that supersede the best practices presented in the training resources. Please send us any additional state-level guidance documents you may be aware of.
- CDC - Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers Responding to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), May 2020
- CDC- Prepare your Small Business and Employees for the Effects of COVID-19
- OSHA - Guidance on Returning to Work
- OSHA - Control and Prevention of COVID-19
- Construction Guidelines for Employers and Employees, New York State
- NY Safety Plan Template
- Health & Safety Guidelines for In-Premise and Customer-Facing Energy Efficiency Audits and Upgrades - Environmental Health and Engineering, Inc. (Note that the level of PPE required by this document was amended as of 6.30.20. The new guidance can be found here.)
- COVID-19 INDUSTRY GUIDANCE: Construction, California Department of Public Health and Cal/OSHA
- COVID-19 GENERAL CHECKLIST for Construction, California Department of Public Health and Cal/OSHA
- Example Pre-Screening Client Questionnaire from Oklahoma’s Weatherization Assistance Program
- Example Pandemic Response Re-Opening Plan Checklist from Oklahoma’s Weatherization Assistance Program
- Site Visit Guidelines - VEIC
- EPA's Indoor Air and COVID-19 Webpage
- BPA Blower Door Position Paper
- Energy Circle's COVID-19 Resources - Communications strategies for contractors.
- Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) - Message to Grantees about WAP Questions Related to COVID-19.
- HVAC Contractor’s Guide to COVID-19, April 1, 2020 - HVAC School Podcast
- HVAC Contractor’s Guide to COVID-19, June 11, 2020 - HVAC School Podcast
- Getting Back to Work: Best Practices PPT by Keith Aldridge
Industry Town Hall: Working During the COVID-19 Pandemic - Conversations from the Field
Sponsored by: BPA & NASCSP
Led by Keith Aldridge, BPA Chief Strategy Officer, we'll discuss current regulations, resources, and guidelines, and provide a platform for sharing experiences that seek to help us navigate the "new normal" together. This event was hosted live on July 23, 2020.