HOPE for HOMES - Sign On in Support
HOPE for HOMES Introduced
We are proud to announce the introduction of HOPE for HOMES Act of 2020 - (H.R. 7325, S.4052) that includes immediate relief and long-term support for the residential energy efficiency contractor industry negatively affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The bill was introduced with bipartisan support in the House and Senate on Wednesday, June 24, 2020. Add your name to BPA’s grassroots support letter so we can continue showing and building support for this important bill.
Since the start of the pandemic, the energy efficiency sector has lost over 413,000 jobs with projections to lose many more if immediate action is not taken. HOPE for HOMES Act proposes $500 million to support online training for contractors, preparing them to significantly advance America’s existing home infrastructure through the $6 billion Home Energy Savings Rebate program.
The HOPE for HOMES Act of 2020 will:
- Create rebates for homeowners to invest in energy efficiency improvements, including:
- $800 to add insulation to their home.
- $1,500 for adding insulation and replacing part of their HVAC system.
- $2,000 for retrofits that lead to savings of 20-40% of whole-house energy use.
- $4,000 for retrofits that save at least 40% of whole-house energy use.
- Doubling the rebate amount for moderate income families.
- Authorize $500 million in grants to help develop training curriculums and assist companies in providing financial incentives to contractors to undertake online training to advance their capabilities to efficiently retrofit homes.
- Provide $1,000 per employee rehired, up to $10,000 total, to contracting companies willing to cover the costs of training and technology upgrades needed to achieve online learning.
- Provide a $1,000 stipend to contractors who complete the HOPE Training and are prepared to advance their careers and help homeowners with home retrofits.
We need your help!
Please join us by signing on to this letter and ask congressional leaders to support the bipartisan legislation. We will ensure it gets in the hands of your legislators and their staff. Fill out the form on the right side with your information and click submit. It's that easy!