HOPE for HOMES - Sign On in Support
March 7 Update: Signatures have been collected and the deadline to sign has passed
Through a joint effort with E4TheFuture, BPA was successful in collecting 446 signatures in support of the HOPE for HOMES Act and Blue Collar and Green Collar Jobs Development Act. Check back for new developments on these important pieces of legislation.
February 17, 2022 Update: Your Signature Needed: Support the Home Performance Industry
This is a crucial time for the home performance industry with two important pieces of legislation being considered by Congress. These bipartisan bills to support our industry—the HOPE for HOMES Act and Blue Collar and Green Collar Jobs Development Act—currently hang in the balance and need your support to pass Congress and advance to President Biden’s desk. The HOPE for HOMES Act includes $312 million to support training for contractors and nearly $6 billion in incentives for homeowners to invest in energy efficiency retrofits. The bipartisan Blue Collar and Green Collar Jobs Development Act would provide direct assistance to energy efficiency businesses to support training of new and existing workers for our industry.
Please join us by signing on to these two letters asking congressional leaders to support the home performance industry through the HOPE for HOMES and Blue Collar and Green Collar legislation. Adding your name to the growing list of advocates is quick, easy, and an effective way to make your voice heard and ensure our industry isn’t left behind.
July 19, 2021 Update: Congress is Taking Action on HOPE for HOMES this Week
The Senate is finalizing their bipartisan infrastructure package as we speak - help us get HOPE for HOMES included! Contact your Senator TODAY and tell them to include HOPE for HOMES in the infrastructure package, support full-funding in reconciliation and sign your company/org onto the support letter and sign on to our grassroots letter.
May 28, 2021 Update: President Biden's Support for HOPE for HOMES
HOPE for HOMES was included in President Biden’s budget request for FY22, noting a desire to see funding over the next 5-10 years. In the 10 year scenario, there is a request for $10B for HOPE training and $34.4B for HOMES grants over that time period. This support by the President is a critical step in our efforts to see training and retrofit incentives enacted.
BPA will continue to work to advance HOPE for HOMES (S.1768/H.R.3456) as a part of any infrastructure legislation.
May 20, 2021 Update: HOPE for HOMES Re-Introduced
Hope for Homes was re-introduced on Thursday, May 20, 2021, in the House and Senate. The bill has bipartisan support and offers multiple approaches to help upgrade homes and multifamily buildings while offering support for contractor training and incentives for energy efficiency upgrades. Read more here.
HOPE for HOMES Introduced
We are proud to announce the introduction of HOPE for HOMES Act of 2020 - (H.R. 7325, S.4052) that includes immediate relief and long-term support for the residential energy efficiency contractor industry negatively affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The bill was introduced with bipartisan support in the House and Senate on Wednesday, June 24, 2020. Add your name to BPA’s grassroots support letter so we can continue showing and building support for this important bill.
Since the start of the pandemic, the energy efficiency sector has lost over 413,000 jobs with projections to lose many more if immediate action is not taken. HOPE for HOMES Act proposes $500 million to support online training for contractors, preparing them to significantly advance America’s existing home infrastructure through the $6 billion Home Energy Savings Rebate program.
The HOPE for HOMES Act of 2020 will:
- Create rebates for homeowners to invest in energy efficiency improvements, including:
- $800 to add insulation to their home.
- $1,500 for adding insulation and replacing part of their HVAC system.
- $2,000 for retrofits that lead to savings of 20-40% of whole-house energy use.
- $4,000 for retrofits that save at least 40% of whole-house energy use.
- Doubling the rebate amount for moderate income families.
- Authorize $500 million in grants to help develop training curriculums and assist companies in providing financial incentives to contractors to undertake online training to advance their capabilities to efficiently retrofit homes.
- Provide $1,000 per employee rehired, up to $10,000 total, to contracting companies willing to cover the costs of training and technology upgrades needed to achieve online learning.
- Provide a $1,000 stipend to contractors who complete the HOPE Training and are prepared to advance their careers and help homeowners with home retrofits.
Organizations that support the bill include the following:
- Advanced Energy Economy
- Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA)
- Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI)
- Alliance to Save Energy
- American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE)
- Association for Energy Affordability, Inc.
- Attic Queen
- Basement Health Association
- Building Performance Association (BPA)
- Building Performance Institute
- CAZ Construction
- Connecticut Efficiency for All
- Clean Energy Business Network (CEBN)
- Earth Advantage
- Earth Forward
- Energia LLC
- Energy Efficiency Alliance – New Jersey
- Extreme Climate Controls
- High Performance Insulation Professionals (HPIP)
- Institute for Market Transformation
- Insulation Contractors Association of America (ICAA)
- Johnson Controls
- Keystone Energy Efficiency Alliance
- Knauf Insulation
- Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC LLCLIUNA
- National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
- National Association for State Community Services Programs (NASCSP)
- National Association of State Energy Officials (NASEO)
- National Center for Healthy Housing
- National Housing Trust
- North American Insulation Manufacturers Association (NAIMA)
- PACE Nation
- Piedmont Housing Alliance
- Pearl Certification
- Southwest Energy Efficiency Project (SWEEP)
- TruTech Tools, LTD.
- Utilivate Technologies, LLC
- U.S. Green Building Council
HOPE for HOMES Milestones
Check out the recent highlights and advancements with HOPE for HOMES
The deadline to sign on to support Home for Homes has passed. Check out our other active advocacy campaigns here.