Engagement Opportunities & Benefits
Invest In Your Industry & Profession
Join and be a part of the only industry association dedicated to the entire home and building performance movement! While each individual or company will join for different reasons, below are some of the few benefits and engagement opportunities we offer to help you grow personally, professionally, and as an organization.
Advocacy & Research
- Access to policy and advocacy efforts through an active presence at the national level, supporting funding for key home performance-related programs, particularly the low-income weatherization program and the Building Technologies Office of DOE. BPA supports policies that will enhance the expansion of home performance and energy efficiency businesses and industries that employ more than 2.25 million Americans across all 50 states.
- At the state level, we work with advocates to improve the local legislative and regulatory environment for home performance. This includes issues such as cost-effectiveness test procedures and data standardization. We organize local advocacy events such as “lobbying days” as well as provide indirect and direct support for local initiatives.
- We also conduct research and manage initiatives to improve market conditions for home performance. Examples of this are our HPXML program and our developing Smart Homes initiative.
Major Savings at Home Depot
Sign up for the Home Depot PROXtra Loyalty program and receive a 1% rebate on all your Home Depot purchases each year. Plus, BPA will also receive a 4% rebate that can be used to provide education and training, policymaker education, and to develop state and regional chapters. All purchases must be made with a credit card of your choosing - you do not need a Home Depot credit card.
Training, Education & Engagement – Personal & Professional
- BPA’s annual gathering, the National Home Performance Conference and Trade Show houses the largest gathering of home performance professionals in the nation. See trend-setting exhibits showcasing the latest in our industry’s products and services. Engage with peers through educational sessions, demonstrations, and evening events.
- Regional events allow targeted education and training focused on the technical and consumer climate in a geographic area. Regional events also provide an opportunity to dig deeper into legislative issues that affect a specific area.
- Enhance personal and professional knowledge through webinars, participation on task forces and participation that expands your technical portfolio.
- Stay in tune with industry trends through Building Performance Journal - the Association's exclusive member-only publication, member alerts, and newsletter articles.
- Discounts on advertising and exposure through BPA's various media outlets.
- Workforce development opportunities and job listings on the new BPA Career Center which allows you to post your resume or post open positions within your company.
- Member-only networking events allow time for relationship building with others in the industry who are interested in more in-depth discussions and trends.
Access to Your BPA Team
- Assembled to support the diverse and ever-changing environment of the home and building performance industry, our staff is here to support your needs.